Re: [debian-knoppix] Best boot setting for NEC LCD?

Klaus,

Thanks, "vga=normal" handles the text screens.

Now it goes "Out of range" for KDE. First it's trying XFree86(sis), then
XFree(vesa), then it gets the out-of-range error and goes blank. With
fb800x600 it goes into KDE straight off.

Is there some other trick to having Knoppix see the capacities of this
monitor? It claims to see an NEC65c6; I don't know if that's the same specs
as the LCD 1550V or not. As I say, a Knoppix from six months ago did just
fine in both its default text and graphics on this one (with the text
reduced size, too).

fb800x600 will bring up a successful process, although not using the
monitor's full resolution, which I miss.

Best,
Whit