Re: [debian-knoppix] Dell computers

Unfortunately, This large corporation with 200,000+ employees only seems
to buy Dell. I'm trying to move small segments off the influence of
Redmond, Washington.

Now, when the kernel boots, it does complain

Error : only one processor found

Then an obscure PCI conflict error but I don't have that here handy to type in.

The bad part though is its hard to sell Linux if simply putting in a CDROM
is enough to so trash the box that it will not even boot into the BIOS.

This morning, I had to remove the battery from the motherboard to reset the CMOS.
That finally got it running again.

Oh well.
   -Mike