Re: [debian-knoppix] variety of offers (was: free space on Knoppix)

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:37:45PM +0100, Peter -lastfuture- Marquardt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 20:45, Robert Vanyi wrote:
> oh my this is really going to get an *ss full of work if klaus knopper
> really wants to make so many different versions...
>
> KNOPPIX KDE 3.1
> KNOPPIX GNOME 2.2
IMHO if you want to use Knoppix for linux introduction/education purposes,
you will need a version having both KDE and Gnome, such that the users
are able to see and learn both of them, and choose, what they like.

As a Gnome user I'm often dissapointed in people using KDE just because
it is more "popular", or more wide-spreaded. And I like, when people are
using KDE because it's better in this an that.

> why not make a modular system out of it... similar to a hd installer but
> instead of installing it to a hd you choose the medium and it makes an
> .iso for it. sure this would be very hard to create i suppose but it
> could be easily made
That's a great idea, I was thinking on it as well. What about having a
website, where you just click-click, then download...
Do someone have a spare server farm? :)

> -= Knoppix Live CD Distro Creator - KnoLiCDDC =-
I've made this already, but unfortunately I've lost it after a breakdown ;)

> # Step 1: Choose a Medium
> etc...
( ) 250M ZIP
( ) 100M ZIP
( ) 1.44M Floppy disk :))

> ...just some thoughts :)
> i hope one far day this is gonna become reality
I think the Wright brothers might have said something similar :)
Well, every great thing begins with a dream... :)

If you intend to do something like this, and need help, I'm here...

Regards,
Robert