Re: [debian-knoppix] variety of offers

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 00:31, Robert Vanyi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 09:37:45PM +0100, Peter -lastfuture- Marquardt wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 20:45, Robert Vanyi wrote:
> > oh my this is really going to get an *ss full of work if klaus knopper
> > really wants to make so many different versions...
> >
> > KNOPPIX KDE 3.1
> > KNOPPIX GNOME 2.2
> IMHO if you want to use Knoppix for linux introduction/education purposes,
> you will need a version having both KDE and Gnome, such that the users
> are able to see and learn both of them, and choose, what they like.

well the problem of that is obviously that both gnome and kde get bigger
and bigger as they get better and better... which doesn't leave enough
space on 1 cd for both at one point if you don't want to leave out
essential packages for data recovery and system/network analysis etc....

but well i loved gnome but haven't used linux for a long time. i have to
say now that kde has catched up and offers a good alternative and what
immediately caught my attention was the great subpixel antialiasing, the
vast variety of apps that exists and the high customizability. i am yet
to test the new gnome to compare them fair

well anyway i don't think kde vs gnome discussions are very useful so
it's nice to see a gnome enthusiast who isn't all contra-kde

g'night
--lasty