Re: [debian-knoppix] Latest KNOPPIX special sources ?

Hello,

Thanks for quick reply.

> I will, after I'm back home. As for hwdata-knoppix, you can find the
> currentmost pcitable on the current KNOPPIX CD in /usr/share/hwdata.
> If you just exchange the pcitable from the original hwdata package,
> you don't have to wait until I upload the debian tar archive (there is
> no other difference in this package anyways).

Yes, I also found that pcitable is modified by some scripts while the
package is built. I'll try to merge current pciatable and revise my own.
Thanks for advices.

> I'm thinking about creating a read-only source mirror on
> developer.linuxtag.net with an automatic upload in the Knoppix
> mastering scripts. Someone else suggested CVS, but I'm not sure if this
> really would make much sense opposed to a download location for
> different tar archive versions that can be downloaded completely
> via apt-get source.

In my personal opinion, read-only CVS is a kind of handy derivative from
commitable CVS and mainly for impatiences to acquire snapshots quickly. Since
KNOPPIX is Live CD system and many user have no way to update softwares
separately, exactly up-to-date source archive gives less benefits. I prefer
source archive which available via apt-get and perhaps relive your pains.

Thanks and respecting all efforts around KNOPPIX
Max

--
Masaharu "Max" Goto
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4D69 6B1D 484D 999C EDA7  2853 32AF 0C86 9323 3DDB