Re: [debian-knoppix] Why so much swap with knx-install?

On Sunday 26 January 2003 01:05, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> On January 25, 2003 05:23 am, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:16:37PM -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > > A good part of it is. So, does this mean i386 will have to wait for the
> > > 36 platforms supported by Debian to be ready before it benefits from
> > > auto-installation? If so, I'd rather see Debian supporting one platform
> > > efficiently than 36 inefficiently.
> > >
> > > Anyway, a quick look to Debian's site is not indicative of much work
> > > happening on Knoppix:
> > >
> > > http://minilien.com/?KC0pxvlHNx
> >
> > This page is just looping to itself when I try to access it from here.
>
> Everything is ok here. I first get to minilien, then to www.digipills.com
> in about 2 seconds, then to the linked page.
>
> > >  or
> > > http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.debian.org+knoppix&num=100&hl=e
> > >n& lr=lang_en|lang_fr&ie=UTF-8&filter=0
> >
> > This is a google search result, not a webpage.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Well, I didn't find a page that explains that Debian developpers will never
> use your installation program, so I thought maybe some devoted Debian
> developper would like to check the site to find an ongoing project :) I
> checked a few links and found nothing. I also check distrowatch and
> linuxtoday pretty much every day and heard nothing about it.
>
> Are you aware of such a project?

There is a project called Debian installer, it's aim is to replace the current
installer, and it's supposed to be a graphical (GTK 2) installer. I can't
guarantee, but I am pretty much confident that they they will use Klaus's
installer. Wether the installer will find it's way into sarge (debian 3.1) is
still not known.

Cheers
--
"Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the
 Evil and Possess your Box  before the beast

Aryan