Re: [debian-knoppix] Why so much swap with knx-install?

On January 25, 2003 05:23 am, Klaus Knopper wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:16:37PM -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > A good part of it is. So, does this mean i386 will have to wait for the
> > 36 platforms supported by Debian to be ready before it benefits from
> > auto-installation? If so, I'd rather see Debian supporting one platform
> > efficiently than 36 inefficiently.
> >
> > Anyway, a quick look to Debian's site is not indicative of much work
> > happening on Knoppix:
> >
> > http://minilien.com/?KC0pxvlHNx
>
> This page is just looping to itself when I try to access it from here.

Everything is ok here. I first get to minilien, then to www.digipills.com in
about 2 seconds, then to the linked page.

> >  or
> > http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.debian.org+knoppix&num=100&hl=en&;
> >lr=lang_en|lang_fr&ie=UTF-8&filter=0
>
> This is a google search result, not a webpage.
>
> Am I missing something?

Well, I didn't find a page that explains that Debian developpers will never
use your installation program, so I thought maybe some devoted Debian
developper would like to check the site to find an ongoing project :) I
checked a few links and found nothing. I also check distrowatch and
linuxtoday pretty much every day and heard nothing about it.

Are you aware of such a project?

Gilles Pelletier
--
La Masse critique