Re: [debian-knoppix] Why so much swap with knx-install?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 04:35:06PM -0500, Gilles Pelletier wrote:
> > This page is just looping to itself when I try to access it from here.
>
> Everything is ok here. I first get to minilien, then to www.digipills.com in
> about 2 seconds, then to the linked page.

I tried with dillo and elinks without success.

> Well, I didn't find a page that explains that Debian developpers will never
> use your installation program, so I thought maybe some devoted Debian
> developper would like to check the site to find an ongoing project :) I
> checked a few links and found nothing. I also check distrowatch and
> linuxtoday pretty much every day and heard nothing about it.
>
> Are you aware of such a project?

The knx-hdinstall was written and is being maintained by Christian
Perle, not by me, and I am not aware of any project that uses
knx-hdinstall as regular Debian installer right now. The problem would
be more the integration of the knoppix-specific the scripts that assemble
together the configuration files, than an installer program. I wrote about
this in my previous mail.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/