Re: [debian-knoppix] Dlink 120 Wireless USB NIC

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 07:41:24PM -0500, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Hello, I am new to Knoppix and not very familiar with Wireless lan stuff
> so I have two strikes against me but...
>
> I got Knoppix 1/20/2003 working one of my PCs (not a laptop).
> Everything is running nicely except for the wireless NIC (It's located
> somewhere that I can't get to with a cable).  What do I need to do?
> Knoppix sees it when initalizing USB, it loads the prism2 kernel module
> but no ethernet device is created.

For some reason, wlan-ng (the prism2 stuff) is calling wireless devices
"wlan0" instead of "eth0", and ises wlanctl-ng instead of iwconfig for
configuration.

If you rather want to use the orinoco_cs drivers with PCMCIA (this is
not related to your USB question), delete /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.cfg and
restart the cardmgr. For USB, I don't know if your card is supported
at all.