Re: [debian-knoppix] New user needs a hint :)

#include <hallo.h>
* Massimo [Sun, Jan 19 2003, 11:52:58AM]:
> Hi, I'm totally new to Knoppix and Debian
> (I've always used Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE and Lycoris)
>
> I've just installed the latest Knoppix iso image to my hard disk (using sudo
> knx-hdinstall).
>
> Everything is ok, except for my soundcard and my pctv card.
>
> For the soundcard, I can fix it if I append to my modules.conf
>
> alias sound-slot-0 sb

Run modconf. Choose the category with sound drivers. Unload sb. Load sb
again, it will ask you for driver options and also add them to
modules.conf and sb to modules loaded at boot time.

> post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
> 2>&1

You do not need this, aumix' init script is already designed to store
and restore the settings.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Der Mensch lebt nicht vom Brot allein, es mu� auch was drauf sein.