[debian-knoppix] New user needs a hint :)

Hi, I'm totally new to Knoppix and Debian
(I've always used Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE and Lycoris)

I've just installed the latest Knoppix iso image to my hard disk (using sudo
knx-hdinstall).

Everything is ok, except for my soundcard and my pctv card.

For the soundcard, I can fix it if I append to my modules.conf

alias sound-slot-0 sb
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1
 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1

| :
options sound dmabuf=1
alias synth0 opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb io=0x220 irq=10 dma=0 mpu_io=0x330

I don't know if it helps other people, but if it does (and doesn't break
anything else), please, include those lines in next image. :-)
My chipset is a Cyrix geode with kalhua audio chipset.

But for the pinnacle pctv rave card, I've go no solution :-(
I've discovered that my card has newest components (in particular it has a
MT2032 tuner), and it seems that only bttv 0.7.102 could drive it fairly
well. Is it possible to have exactly the tree with all the kernel sources and
the config files used to compile it (in order to patch my kernel with newest
bttv)? Or, better, have a kernel update with bttv 0.7.102 or later? :)

Another question: Can you include Everaldo Crystal icon Theme in KDE and
Keramik Theme?

Ah, last thing: I couldn't install Knoppix onto my HD using XFS (my box locked
up at 12% of the copy process), so I put Reiserfs. Is it normal?

Thank you for your patience! :-)
Cheers,
Massimo

P.s. Knoppix is very beautiful, it's definively a good piece of work!!!

--
"Questo non c'entra!", disse la contessa sedendosi su un paracarro.
		-- Da it.hobby.umorismo