Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Collaborative Docs (Wiki)

Hmm, i was planning a dutch KNOPPIX version (KnopNL), and did do some
preliminary work, but got caught up in remastering (making a mini-cd desktop
version) and tuning/coding KNOPPIX to Morphix.

Remastering become more and more easy (never done it myself but faq, script, program, ... and debian) make it a piece of cake. ;-)

It was dutch only (sorry mijn belgische buren, geen frans!), and didn't have
much more than a lang=nl (with US keyboard-layout), but i'm trying to get xs4all
crazy enough to mirror my other abominations, if i succeed i'll try to get that
version of KnopNL online too.

Well the french are making a french version, and the dutch are making a dutch version. If we belgian wait enough, we will just have to merge the package from both side.

I guess we will have a belgian political issue with the default language to boot with or make a special boot floppy that does not default and wait for ever until you choose a language, or default to english or ... (belgian are the best to make political compromise).

The problem with you dutch peaple is that you speak/read english very well. So interest for dutch version might be not so high. But one again, if you want a Knoppix for your mamy, she might not speak english. ;-)

Let's stay in touch.

David GLAUDE