Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Collaborative Docs (Wiki)

Hello List,

This just came in from our German reporter Torsten Kleinz:
> ich weiß nicht, ob ihr es schon bemerkt habt: im Wiki auf knoppix.net ist
[...]

FYI: there is a Wiki available at knoppix.net. This is a collaborative
effort to write Knoppix documentation. Have a look at
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/ .

What is a Wiki? A Wiki is sort of a Anarcho-Editing-System: everyone can
change anything. At the left down every page there's a link "Edit", where
you can change, replace, renew, update and even slepl-cehkc ;-) the page.
And the strange thing is: it really works! Take a look at last days'
changes: http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/RecentChanges .

Wiki has the advantage to mailing lists and forums that everything can be
categorized right away and that information will be stored in a central
repository. The only thing we need is a couple of people helping us. We just
finished translating all documentation in German (thanks to everyone who
helped) and wrote additional information. When new questions come up in
forums or in the mailing list, please put them in the Wiki.

The hardest part is to add a new page: edit a page that will link to your
new page. You add a so called WikiWord, which is a word with
InsideCapitalLetters. For example TorstensEmailTranslated. Save the page.
You will see a question mark next to your WikiWord. Click on it to start
your new page.

> Wenn jemand besser Englisch kann als ich, wäre es nett, wenn er/sie auch
> die englischsprachigen Listenabonennten informiert :-)

When anyone can write better German, it would be cool if he would inform
the German speaking people ;-)

Uh oh, no, don't do that: Torsten just did that. Torsten, thanks!

> Schönen Gruß

Nice Greeting ;-)

The hardest part was understanding that just being able to write English was
not enough. I needed to understand the German as well!

En ja, in welk land spreken ze nou redelijk goed Duits *en* redelijk goed
Engels?

;-)

Valentijn
--