Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Collaborative Docs (Wiki)

Valentijn Sessink wrote:
FYI: there is a Wiki available at knoppix.net. This is a collaborative
effort to write Knoppix documentation. Have a look at
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/ .

I started a "template" for French translation of FAQ/DOC stuff.
I am currently trying to convince/inform http://knoppixfr.tuxfamily.org/index.php?page=documentation that Wiki is "better" than centrally maintained static pages.

However I guess it remove some of the added value of knoppixfr if documentation is in someone else wiki. So only for future will tell.

Waiting for a reaction of "knoppixfr" I can always try to convince translator of already available document that it is best to have them in Wiki to keep the document "alive" (I don't want to frustrate someone copyright, including the translator and original author of the FAQ by copying this into wiki so I will do it the right way: "Ask").

[Does anybody know a wiki with some support for multilinguage, the way it is now work but if automaticaly generated link to sybilin other langage version could exist it would be much better.]

En ja, in welk land spreken ze nou redelijk goed Duits *en* redelijk goed
Engels?

Is there any Flemish/Duits version of Knoppix in development/somebody's mind?

Since there are people involved into a French version of Knoppix, and I live in Belgium, I would welcome a Belgian version of Knoppix that would be French+Flemish with Openoffice en FR+NL and such. Personally I don't need any one of those (FR, NL, FR+NL) since I work in english and am happy with Klaus Knopper EN version, but for Mr everybody, localisation is a must.

This would be a *GREAT* tool for Linux advocacy in my country (actually there are a few German speaking too in Belgium).

David GLAUDE