Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Collaborative Docs (Wiki)

Quoting David GLAUDE PBeM <dglaude@gmx.net>:

> Remastering become more and more easy (never done it myself but faq,
> script, program, ... and debian) make it a piece of cake. ;-)

Yeah, it's almost becoming fun (and addicting it certainly is!)

> Well the french are making a french version, and the dutch are making a
> dutch version. If we belgian wait enough, we will just have to merge the
> package from both side.

Or you could just opt for one dutch and one french distro. You will be
assimilated, restistance is futile ;o)

> I guess we will have a belgian political issue with the default language
> to boot with or make a special boot floppy that does not default and
> wait for ever until you choose a language, or default to english or ...
> (belgian are the best to make political compromise).

I'll leave the fighting to both parties, you belgians seem to enjoy fighting
among eachother (and calling it a compromise :o)

> The problem with you dutch peaple is that you speak/read english very
> well. So interest for dutch version might be not so high. But one again,
> if you want a Knoppix for your mamy, she might not speak english. ;-)

Hmm, it's true most people here are able to read english, enjoying it is a whole
different story. Besides, we like to have things in dutch, it's good for our
nationalistic identity that we believe was lost the day CocaCola and the big M
set foot in our little country.
Speaking english however will always be our weak point. Steenkolen-english is
our invention ;o)

Cheers,

Alex

                 /'-'\