Re: Migrating to Salsa

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:55:54PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I just had a look at a script for Salsa migration
> (https://salsa.debian.org/jcowgill/multimedia-cli/blob/master/multimedia-cli.py)
> and realised that there is now a standard way to send VCS commit emails
> through tracker.debian.org.
>
> So in case anyone does care, it seems like that's the way to go.

It is even planned to make this usable as maintainer.  However I'm not
sure about the current state.

> > JFTR, if one wants: There is now as well the option to continue using
> > KGB. webhook-support has been added to kgb.
> >
> > Cf. https://salsa.debian.org/kgb-team/kgb/wikis/usage
> Oh, that's nice.  I haven't seen Irker's notifications, so I am not in
> a position to judge whether either is preferable.

It looks like this:

08:05 < salsabot> [AliothRewriter] Alexander Wirt pushed 2 new commits to master: https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter/compare/831058a9...002939d3
08:05 < salsabot> AliothRewriter/master a74bdd05 Damyan Ivanov (1 file): add definitions for pkg-perl packages (3467 lines)
08:05 < salsabot> AliothRewriter/master 002939d3 Alexander Wirt (1 file): Merge branch 'master' into 'master'

Bastian

--
There's coffee in that nebula!
		-- Capt. Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager, "The Cloud"