Re: Migrating to Salsa

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 01:13 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> We need to move everything from Alioth to Salsa some time before the
> end of May.
>
> There is already a "kernel-team" group on Salsa, and the members of the
> "kernel" group on Alioth have been added to this group.
>
> Since all our live version control repositories use git, it should be a
> simple and quick process to replicate them on Salsa.  I think what we
> need to do is:
>
> 1. Agree the date and time to start migration.
> 2. At that time, add hooks on Alioth to disable further writes.
> 3. Start migration.
> 4. Update all references to Alioth:
>    - Configure anonscm.debian.org to forward to Salsa
>    - Update package Vcs fields
>    - Update kernel-handbook text

Looks good to me.

> I don't think we use many other features of Alioth.  The features I
> know about are:
>
> * kernel-svn-changes mailing list and hook.  I think this will be
>   redundant.  Any Salsa user can "watch" a repository or group to
>   receive email notifications about commits.

As Bastian said, notifications for pushes don't work. For the stuff I migrated
myself I added email integration to the previous lists, which should work for
a time until proper notification are supported.

> * IRC notification hook (KGB client).  Salsa has an "integration" for
>   the Irker notification service.  This needs to be enabled and
>   configured with the server and channel details for each repository.
>   I don't know whether anything needs to be done on the Irker server
>   side.

Yes, it works just fine. By the way there's a bunch of salsa scripts at https:
//salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts which are helpful to setup a salsa
project.

> Have I missed anything?
>
> I propose that we start the migration after the point release is done,
> so on Sunday 11th March, starting at 16:00 UTC.

It's fine by me.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis