Re: Migrating to Salsa

Hello

Thanks Ben for pushing that forward.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:40:37AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 08:03 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 01:13:11AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > > * kernel-svn-changes mailing list and hook.  I think this will be
> > >   redundant.  Any Salsa user can "watch" a repository or group to
> > >   receive email notifications about commits.
> >
> > I don't know where this information is from, but pushs don't currently
> > create notifications.  Right now you need to use the email on push
> > feature.
>
> Oh, that's annoying.  So we can enable email on push, but we may not
> have a suitable list to send to for long.

For the time beeing the kernel-svn-changes mailing list can be
configured to be used and then the list migrated as well by the list
continuation project.

But we might need to ask are people still interested in using the
commit mailing list / are there users?

> > > * IRC notification hook (KGB client).  Salsa has an "integration" for
> > >   the Irker notification service.  This needs to be enabled and
> > >   configured with the server and channel details for each repository.
> > >   I don't know whether anything needs to be done on the Irker server
> > >   side.
> >
> > No changes needs to be done on the server.
>
> Great.

JFTR, if one wants: There is now as well the option to continue using
KGB. webhook-support has been added to kgb.

Cf. https://salsa.debian.org/kgb-team/kgb/wikis/usage

Regards,
Salvatore