Re: Migrating to Salsa

On Fri, 2018-02-23 at 15:24 +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks Ben for pushing that forward.
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:40:37AM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't know where this information is from, but pushs don't currently
> > > create notifications.  Right now you need to use the email on push
> > > feature.
> >
> > Oh, that's annoying.  So we can enable email on push, but we may not
> > have a suitable list to send to for long.
>
> For the time beeing the kernel-svn-changes mailing list can be
> configured to be used and then the list migrated as well by the list
> continuation project.
>
> But we might need to ask are people still interested in using the
> commit mailing list / are there users?

I just had a look at a script for Salsa migration
(https://salsa.debian.org/jcowgill/multimedia-cli/blob/master/multimedia-cli.py)
and realised that there is now a standard way to send VCS commit emails
through tracker.debian.org.

So in case anyone does care, it seems like that's the way to go.

> > > No changes needs to be done on the server.
> >
> > Great.
>
> JFTR, if one wants: There is now as well the option to continue using
> KGB. webhook-support has been added to kgb.
>
> Cf. https://salsa.debian.org/kgb-team/kgb/wikis/usage

Oh, that's nice.  I haven't seen Irker's notifications, so I am not in
a position to judge whether either is preferable.

Who are all these weirdos? - David Bowie, reading IRC for the first
time