Re: ABI handling for linux-2.6

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:14:34PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> > So, can you give me a valid scenario where an ftp-master would reject a
> > linux-2.6 upload which needs NEW.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> I asked the same thing on a discussion on irc and aparently it has
> happened. I also thought that saying that it never got rejected would
> be a good argument but aparently even the kernel team screws up
> sometimes.

So, if it has happened, could you give me please the details of it happeneing ?

And sure, the kernel team are only humans, and as such are no more immune to
screw-ups than anyone else, but the same goes for the ftp-masters.

So, if we want to go forward with this discussion we need more than just a
doubtful "it happened" but the real detail.