Re: ABI handling for linux-2.6

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 04:38:39PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> >> I asked the same thing on a discussion on irc and aparently it has
> >> happened. I also thought that saying that it never got rejected would
> >> be a good argument but aparently even the kernel team screws up
> >> sometimes.
> >
> > So, if it has happened, could you give me please the details of it happeneing ?
> >
> > And sure, the kernel team are only humans, and as such are no more immune to
> > screw-ups than anyone else, but the same goes for the ftp-masters.
> >
> > So, if we want to go forward with this discussion we need more than just a
> > doubtful "it happened" but the real detail.
> >
> > Friendly,
> >
> > Sven Luther
>
> The kernel team and ftp-masters should know, being the involved
> parties there. Such details aren't publicised so don't ask me. I din#t
> ask for details on irc.

I am part of the kernel team, and don't know about such things, so i guess it
can be classified as FUD until there is further detail comming out.

The only case which could be considered as such, was when the ftp-master
rejected the new linux-2.6-exp or whatever it was source package, which was
supposed to contain the xen images, and other images which should go into
unstable but not ready for prime migration to testing.

If this is the one mentioned here, then it is a sourceful upload, and not what
we are discussing here.