Re: Console corrupted during boot in 2.6.8, will it be included in Sarge?

Just following up #268352. I suspect there is a connection: same chipset.

Svante

Are you using radeonfb (even statically compiled)?
Did you try vesa framebuffer?
Are your laptop a SXVGA one or not (i.e. capable of 1400x1050)?
What's the output of fbset after initialization?
Did you try to switch back to console from X?

--
Francesco P. Lovergine