Re: [PROPOSAL] 2.4.27 as default 2.4 kernel for sarge
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:58:06PM +0200, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> There was no final decision if we ship 2.4.27 with sarge.
I wonder what needs to happen to have a formal d-k decision.
Do other subgroups of Debian have a mechanism for this? Maybe we
need a designated person or persons who can speak for each arch.
(Please only reply to debian-kernel on this topic).
> If you now build and upload linux-kernel-di-alpha 0.62 with 2.4.27,
> you have to build 0.63 that downgrades linux-kernel-di-alpha back to
> 2.4.26 if we don't use 2.4.27 for sarge. 0.61 can't be used for sarge
> because it was built with kernel-source-2.4.26 2.4.26-2.1 which has
> some security problems which were fixed later.
The only thing questionable about it, afaict, is the ide dma issue, which
appears to have been a problem with our patch set, so should be resolvable.