Re: kernel-patch-amd64

Hi,

(removing the long CC list since I am not the only one who does not want
to get the same message 2-3 times)

Sorry for me replying so late, I was busy testing kernels and gcc
versions =)

According to Andi Kleen who maintains these patches (and is upstream
x86_64 kernel maintainer),  most changes in the patch are merged in the
newxt release,

The latest amd64 kernel packages in the pure64 alioth archive do not
have the amd64.org patch applied, for 2 reasons:

1. the patched sources do not build for nocona systems wich have no
   IOMMU
2. I am still testing the patch on my own system and have still to
   decide if i

--
ENOSIG