Re: Sarge TODO items

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 06:30:24AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, it would just be a unified repository where all the kernels
> packages would be held, and which would make migration of patches from
> the arch packages to the common package more easy, provided a modern
> revision system is used, i would prefer subversion myself, since it is
> easier than arch.
>
> If i had to plan that, i would put the kernel-source tarball in it,
> together with the debian dir for it, and then have one per arch
> directory holding the whole kernel-patch-<arch> package. Once we have
> that in place, and i doubt the wisdom of doing much beyond that before
> the sarge release, we can start easily moving the patches to the common
> package, and also try to streamline the config files, since we spoke
> mostly of patches in this discussion, but the building of working
> .configs is also one of the big challenges of per arch kernel packaging.
>
> This would beat having each per-arch kernel-patch to use its own
> revision system in any case.

I tend to basically agree with you.  I'm not sure whether we should
actually check in the upstream source, but that should really be a minor
detail.  The common .config bit is of course also important!  I'd love
to move the fragments infrastructure of the 2.6 kernel-patch-powerpc
to the generic kernel.