Re: Sarge TODO items

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 08:25:17PM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > > If we want to handle patches, we need to that.
> >
> > Umm, no.  Patches should be stored as individual patches in the debian/
> > dir the get applied before building.
>
> Even for non-feature-patches which aren't harmful for other targets?

I think you're minsunderstanding me (or I you, or my english is total
crap).

The idea is have to have a debian/patches/ dir that contains all
patches, similar to how many of the lots of little patches systems
work these days (CDBS? or the .dpatch stuff in the glibc packaging),
and the .diff.gz doesn't touch anything outside debian/.  Build
preparation applies these patches, as many as possible for all
architectures, and if needed conditionally.