Re: Sarge TODO items

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
[snip]
> The idea is have to have a debian/patches/ dir that contains all
> patches, similar to how many of the lots of little patches systems
> work these days (CDBS? or the .dpatch stuff in the glibc packaging),
> and the .diff.gz doesn't touch anything outside debian/.  Build
> preparation applies these patches, as many as possible for all
> architectures, and if needed conditionally.

Then we have some debian-specific kernel tarball and a bunch of assorted
patches, not an (as far as possible) unified source tree. If that's the
preferred form, then why do we need a version control system for it?

Furthermore, this scheme doesn't allow arch-specific kernel packages
without duplicating the debian/patches/ dir.

Thiemo