Re: KDE Pim 17.08.3 wants to remove knode

Sandro Knauß wrote:

> Hey,
>
> well knode is not shipped anymore form upstream, so it will only be a
> "temporally" solution. It got unmantained, because nobody cared about the
> program anymore. So if you are interested in that software upstream is
> happy tp get new maintainers... Me also as part of upstream can tell, we
> would support you, if you want to get knode rolling again! But the
> upstream team is too small, to support everything...
>
> hefee

Hi Sandro,

It would be a great shame for knode to die, I think it is the best linux
newsreader available (I've been using it for nearly 20 years so I have a lot
of affection for knode).

I don't know what would be required to bring knode to kf5 but I do have some
programming experience in C and perl so I could help if you are prepared to
help me through the learning process.

(I you want to contact me off-list please use "kde at grantura.co.uk")

Rob