Re: improving the UX with the default KDE installation

On 03/17/2017 02:44 AM, fradev wrote:
On 15/03/17 13:34:38 CET, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
As for the rest of your post I agree and what we need is a
"debian-plasma-desktop meta package" where it's tested and working
including kconnect, wireless, bluetooth, vlc, pulse, etc. and keep pim
to the minimal so the kitchen sink is not added but hardware is working
the way it should be.

That's the idea, a functional setup without redundant software. But is it
possible to discuss such a proposal with the KDE team? Should I submit a bug
report?

Francesco

Hello, Francesco, I was thinking as Users we could discuss the options here first and then make a proposal of the "debian-plasma-desktop" to the KDE team.

Utilities= ark, kcalc, kwrite, spectacle.

System= bleachbit, kinfo, partition-manager or gparted, konsole, kwalletmanager, synaptic, dolphin. Personally I prefer konqueror and kdf over dolphin, maybe just because I've been using konq and kdf, it seems like forever.

Settings= systemsettings

Office= okular

Multimedia= vlc, k3b

Internet= firefox, kget

Graphics= gwenview

Things like sddm, plasma-networkmanager, kdeconnect, bluetooth and wireless should just work.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - Plasma 5.8.6 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263