Re: improving the UX with the default KDE installation

On Monday, March 20, 2017 01:26:28 AM Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 03/17/2017 02:44 AM, fradev wrote:
> > On 15/03/17 13:34:38 CET, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> >> As for the rest of your post I agree and what we need is a
> >> "debian-plasma-desktop meta package" where it's tested and working
> >> including kconnect, wireless, bluetooth, vlc, pulse, etc. and keep pim
> >> to the minimal so the kitchen sink is not added but hardware is working
> >> the way it should be.
> >
> > That's the idea, a functional setup without redundant software. But is it
> > possible to discuss such a proposal with the KDE team? Should I submit a
> > bug report?

> Office= okular

Hmm, somehow I don't think okular fulfills all the needs of office, in my mind
being at least: word processor, spreadsheet, (simple) database, slide maker
(ala powerpoint).  So, I suggest, if you're going to mention / include Firefox
(which you did) that you should also include Libre Office (or the other version
of Libre Office--don't remember the name--does that still exist?)