Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Am Mittwoch 13 Mai 2015, 08:35:00 schrieb Alejandro Exojo:
> El Tuesday 12 May 2015, Jimmy Johnson escribió:
> > Christian this is what I get after running the upgrade:
> (...)
>
> > I was a little concerned with ruby being removed so I did not
> > complete the upgrade.
>
> I think that you are missing the point. Christian's concern
> wasn't how to do the installation, or if something might not
> be 100% smooth. The point is that this is random software
> found on the web, and if you install it without even knowing
> the nickname of the person who did the packaging, you are
> doing a huge leap of faith. You are installing plenty of
> untrusted programs. Plus running maintainer scripts with root
> permissions.

Exactly. And this is why Alejandro advised to read the sources in
order to ensure nobody messed with them. (To be really sure, one
would still need to build the binary packages from the audited
sources on a trusted machine - it is all about trust here.)

Anyway, thanks again, guys. I guess I will not be doing that huge
leap of faith, this time. :)

Regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-11
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48