Re: Squeeze Dolphin Crash - need debug symbols

On Wednesday 12 Sep 2012 13:32:48 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > Actually (answering my own question), looking at just the first 4 stack
> > frames ... I could use my superpowers to deduce perhaps the missing
> > debug symbols are the ones for D-Bus :-)
> >
> > Would I be right ?
>
> Yes. You used the force and the force was with you ;)

Thanks for the confirmation :)
I've installed 'dbus-1-dbg', but experienced no more Dolphin crashes yet.

> Similar it goes for others like:
>
> #19 0x00007f801b4d96f2 in g_main_context_dispatch () from
> /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0 #20 0x00007f801b4dd568 in ?? () from
> /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
> #21 0x00007f801b4dd71c in g_main_context_iteration () from
> /lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
>
> But then this one does already seem installed its just that particular
> address that gdb can´t resolve.
>
> You can do this with almost all references in there.
[snip]

Thanks for the explanation - I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it now,
though would very much like to understand how some function names can remain
unresolvable while others in the same package (libglib in this instance) are
not. Maybe they're private functions of some sort, or maybe the compiler can
be told that some names are of no interest.  I guess I'll understand better by
writing a KDE program or two

Cheers,
Nick
--
Just don't create a file called -rf.  :-)
  ~~ Larry Wall in<11393@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>