Re: Kontact, KMail won't start with Qt dfsg-2 packages

On Tuesday 04 September 2012, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> On Tue 04 Sep 2012 18:28:24 Michael Schuerig escribió:
> [snip]
>
> > Did you restart your computer since installing those packages? For
> > me the trouble only started after that.
> >
> > I have a hunch that my problem is related to DBus in some way. As
> > far as I can tell, only Kontact and KMail were affected. Notably,
> > for these two applications only single instances are started and I
> > think this is handled through DBus. My rather shaky hypothesis is
> > that in my case the applications were blocking on a call to DBus
> > while trying to find out if there was already a running instance.
>
> Qt dfsg-2 do not introduce any change that could case this. On the
> other hand, so far you were the only one to had this problem. Check
> that your system is actually not broken.

Well -- reinstalling all those dfsg-1 packages did unbreak my system. Or
so it seems. Do you have any suggestion what else might have caused the
symptoms I was seeing?

If I find the time, I may try my luck with the dfsg-2 packages again,
but probably not until the weekend.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig