Re: Kontact, KMail won't start with Qt dfsg-2 packages

On Tue 04 Sep 2012 18:28:24 Michael Schuerig escribió:
[snip]
> Did you restart your computer since installing those packages? For me
> the trouble only started after that.
>
> I have a hunch that my problem is related to DBus in some way. As far as
> I can tell, only Kontact and KMail were affected. Notably, for these two
> applications only single instances are started and I think this is
> handled through DBus. My rather shaky hypothesis is that in my case the
> applications were blocking on a call to DBus while trying to find out if
> there was already a running instance.

Qt dfsg-2 do not introduce any change that could case this. On the other hand,
so far you were the only one to had this problem. Check that your system is
actually not broken.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
http://www.tiraecol.net/modules/comic/comic.php?content_id=162