Kontact, KMail won't start with Qt dfsg-2 packages

I've recently upgraded all the Qt packages 4:4.8.2+dfsg-1 to
4:4.8.2+dfsg-2 and only today I restarted my computer. After that KMail
and Kontact didn't start anymore. From what I could tell with strace,
both of them were blocked in a system call (select or epoll, I think).
After reinstalling all the old Qt packages, things are fine again.

I've looked for a bug report, but didn't find anything related. I'm
happy that I've got things back to a working state again and I don't
have much time for trial-and-error bug hunting right now, however if
anyone can suggest a more focussed strategy for uearthing the cause of
the problem, I might give it a try.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig