Re: KDE PIM packaging

Hi Torsten,
hi Martin,

On Mon 18 June 2012 11:29:22 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2012 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> > I'd love to have some information, why the KDE PIM applications are at
> > version 4.4.11.
> The switch to Akonadi for KMail is a big one. And I think even right now
> there is no way of automatic migration thats working out okay in most
> cases. > Thus the recommended procedure as far as I am aware of is to
> recreate mail accounts and reimport mail from IMAP server or POP3 mail
> directory. As far as I read its usually also necessary to recreate all
> filter rules.
>
> I´d love to test KDEPIM 2,

As martin correctly said, Kdepim 2 lacks migration and that is one reason it
will not be included in wheezy.
But we will provide packages for the curious testers like you, just after the
team finishes the rest of the 4.8.4 transition, which has higher priority due
to the wheezy freeze.

Best regards

--
eshat cakar