Re: KDE PIM packaging

On Monday 18 June 2012 12:48:08 Eshat Cakar wrote:
> But we will provide packages for the curious testers like you, just after
> the  team finishes the rest of the 4.8.4 transition, which has higher
> priority due to the wheezy freeze.

Thanks Eshat, this is great news! :)
I understand that wheezy has higher priority right now and am happy that there
are no major blockers preventing recent KDE PIM from getting packaged.

> As martin correctly said, Kdepim 2 lacks migration and that is one reason
> it  will not be included in wheezy.

I'm sitting with several PIM hackers in the same office and they said that
using 4.4.11 programs with recent akonadi is quite "adventurous". Also, I'm
not sure whether the migration will improve in the near future.

As for me, I'm ready to set up my KDE PIM accounts freshly to take advantage
of a more recent and stable platform.

Thanks again for all the great work!
Torsten