Re: KDE PIM packaging

Am Montag, 18. Juni 2012 schrieb Eshat Cakar:
> Hi Torsten,
> hi Martin,
>
> On Mon 18 June 2012 11:29:22 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 16. Juni 2012 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> > > I'd love to have some information, why the KDE PIM applications are
> > > at version 4.4.11.
> >
> > The switch to Akonadi for KMail is a big one. And I think even right
> > now there is no way of automatic migration thats working out okay in
> > most cases. > Thus the recommended procedure as far as I am aware of
> > is to recreate mail accounts and reimport mail from IMAP server or
> > POP3 mail directory. As far as I read its usually also necessary to
> > recreate all filter rules.
> >
> > I´d love to test KDEPIM 2,
>
> As martin correctly said, Kdepim 2 lacks migration and that is one
> reason it will not be included in wheezy.
> But we will provide packages for the curious testers like you, just
> after the team finishes the rest of the 4.8.4 transition, which has
> higher priority due to the wheezy freeze.

Thanks, that great to hear.

I think that helps us to get a handle on the current situation with KDEPIM
2. I always wanted to compile it myself, but didn´t come to it. When its
just an apt-get install away thats easier to handle for me.

Would it be sufficient for Debian when there is a step by step migration
guide that describes how to copy everything over manuelly by recreating
it? I am willing to help to document such migration steps once I migrate
to KDEPIM 2 myself.

Thanks,