Re: KDE PIM packaging

lunedì 18 giugno 2012 Cakar ha scritto:

> As martin correctly said, Kdepim 2 lacks migration and that is one reason
> it will not be included in wheezy.
> But we will provide packages for the curious testers like you, just after
> the team finishes the rest of the 4.8.4 transition, which has higher
> priority due to the wheezy freeze.
>
> Best regards

martedì 19 giugno 2012

I could understand this point of view if:
1 - a tool to ease the migration it's going to be on the way any time soon (in
the next 2-3 years) before the release of what will be the next stable after
Wheezy, but if such tool is not in anybody's mind I can only complain this
decision.
2 - this hypothetical migration tool will still hold a meaning, considering
the major changes that will come in the next future like the entire KDE moving
from 4.x to 5.x, with likely a lot of new stuff. This will doom Debian to be
always lagging in respect to KDE releases, to miss new technology and to
support mixed KDE environment with piece of "old" KDE inside. This should
scare the developers more than users having troubles migrating emails, IMO.

Just my two thought on the topic, I always love and respect the work you are
doing for packaging KDE. Best regards

Valerio Passini