Re: Questions about building KDE from SVN

El Domingo, 21 de Marzo de 2010, Valerio Passini escribió:
> This seems to be a very good recipe, thanks. Reading your script, I have
> understood that you have a couple of variables that are not explicited
> here ($HOME and $KDEDIR), does it default to something specific?
> Probably is better to change it to a partition where I have a lot of
> space since /home has just a 1GB left.

$HOME is /home/your-username. $KDEDIR is defined this way:

> > export KDEDIR=$HOME/local/$build

1 GB is very probably not enough for this build. You can change it to whatever
you want. /opt is a good choice. I prefer my home, because I'm pretty sure
that I don't need any su/sudo. This can save a little bit of time,
because "make install" first compiles and later installs, but "make"
and "sudo make install" does the same, but Makefiles have to be parsed twice.

> That is scaring me, because it means a lot of compile time and a lot of
> troubles to resolve the dependencies. I'm going to start with a simpler
> approach. Many thanks to you for the script and to everybody who
> answered for being so precise and patient.

Unfortunately, it seems so. If it were just an application, tends to be pretty
easy, because you can install the "-dev" ending packages of kdelibs,
kdepimlibs, etc., and you save a lot of compiling.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2