Questions about building KDE from SVN

Dear Developers,

I'm helping in testing the improvements Sebastian Trueg is making to
nepomuk to fix a couple of bugs. This time, just patching kdebase-
runtime seems to be not feasible: he asked me to build KDE from SVN but
I know that this is going to break my system.
What can I do at this point? Uninstalling KDE's  deb packages and then
build and install KDE from sources is what comes to my mind.
Is there any other cleaner and easy way to do it?
In the case I need to rebuild KDE completely, where I can find
information about the dev packages I need to complete this task? Which
is the package that needs to be purged in order to completely remove KDE
from my system?
Thanks in advance

Valerio