Re: Questions about building KDE from SVN

Alle sabato 20 marzo 2010, hai scritto:
> It all depends which "svn" he wants you to build: branches/KDE/4.4/
> or  trunk/KDE/.
He asked me to build trunk SVN. :(.

Sebastian Trueg wrote: "would you be willing to try svn trunk? And I
mean only the kdebase/runtime/nepomuk part of it..."

> Just install newer KDE to different prefix. Also
> consider using kdesvn- build. However, it might be a bit tough to
> start&test that new KDE.

I have read little about kdesvn-build. Do you think it's more suitable
to my needs than Alexandro Rojo's script?

> Btw, I have plans to update packages up to kdebase from
> branches/KDE/4.4 today  since they fix some nasty bugs I'm
> interested in. What is more, KDE SC 4.4.2 is going to be tagged in
> six days. qt-kde.debian.net users will probably get it shortly after
> tagging since it is not an official archive.

So do you think it's worth for me to wait just a little, because the
fixes Sebastian is asking me to test will be present in the next
releases? That will be just wonderful.
Thank you so much. Ciao

Valerio