Re: KDE4 with 1 GB RAM ?

I upgraded Xorg, intel drivers and everying that comes with it to squeeze
versions yesterday, but I had to downgrade again today :-(

Just like before, glxgears performance dropped by about 66%, but that
isn't the main problem, since upgrading KDE started acting up -- every
once in a while it seemed like mouse focus would get locked to some
window, mouse buttons stopped working and I couldn't switch focus no
matter where I clicked, it just didn't register.  The locked window kept
focus even when minimized.  It's hard to describe, but the only thing that
would help was restarting KDE.

So instead of having to restart X to slowness once a day, I had to restart
every few hours when this happened unpredictably...  It did seem to help
with the swapping problem somewhat though, as far as I could tell.