Re: [SOLVED] Define KDEHOME

On Sunday 26 November 2006 16:11, Oliver Meißner-Knippschild wrote:

> ok, that works :)

:)

> is only the startkde-environment using those scripts or does it
> contain system-wide scripts? When are those files in /usr/env sourced
> and by which processes would that be done?

Only used by startkde.
Just search for "env", around line 160 in startkde

Since KDE can handle a list of prefix directories, it can also handle env/
subdir in each of them. Can be used to do user specific extensions, etc

> >Adding something to startkde has the disadvantage that you will loose
> >the modification next time the package containing it is update.
>
> I thing apt should ask the user how to handle manually changed files in
> case of update?!

As far as I know only when a file is expected to be changed (for example
configs) and marked as such in the package.

/usr/bin/startkde is just an executable

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring