Re: [SOLVED] Define KDEHOME

On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:28, Oliver Meißner-Knippschild wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:28:10 +0100:
> >I think Martin is mistaking it for KDEDIR, which is phased out because
> >there is KDEDIRS
> >
> >The best way to set KDEHOME is to extend the environment of startkde
> >by putting a file with the respective export statement into the env/
> >directory
>
> I haven't found something like this, but the point to the startkde was
> really useful.

It does not exist yet, since it isn't used by default.
Just create it and put a file into it.
I use it for setting KDEDIRS like this

root@artemis ~ # ls -l /usr/env
insgesamt 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 61 2006-11-07 14:04 10-kdedirs.sh

root@artemis ~ # cat /usr/env/10-kdedirs.sh
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local:/usr

> In /usr/bin/startkde I found the following in line 51:
>
> # The user's personal KDE directory is usually ~/.kde, but this setting
> # may be overridden by setting KDEHOME.
>
> So I added the following line
> export KDEHOME=~/.kde-isis

Adding something to startkde has the disadvantage that you will loose the
modification next time the package containing it is update.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring