Re: [SOLVED] Define KDEHOME

Kevin Krammer wrote on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:44:31 +0100:
>On Sunday 26 November 2006 15:28, Oliver Meißner-Knippschild wrote:
>> Kevin Krammer wrote on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:28:10 +0100:
>> >I think Martin is mistaking it for KDEDIR, which is phased out
>> >because there is KDEDIRS
>> >
>> >The best way to set KDEHOME is to extend the environment of startkde
>> >by putting a file with the respective export statement into the env/
>> >directory
>>
>> I haven't found something like this, but the point to the startkde
>> was really useful.
>
>It does not exist yet, since it isn't used by default.
>Just create it and put a file into it.
>I use it for setting KDEDIRS like this
>
>root@artemis ~ # ls -l /usr/env
>insgesamt 8
>-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 61 2006-11-07 14:04 10-kdedirs.sh
>
>root@artemis ~ # cat /usr/env/10-kdedirs.sh
>export KDEDIRS=/usr/local:/usr

ok, that works :)

is only the startkde-environment using those scripts or does it
contain system-wide scripts? When are those files in /usr/env sourced
and by which processes would that be done?

>Adding something to startkde has the disadvantage that you will loose
>the modification next time the package containing it is update.

I thing apt should ask the user how to handle manually changed files in
case of update?!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,
Oliver Meißner-Knippschild <lists.o@la-familia-grande.de>