Re: Cannot mount usb key (and I read the archives)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 02:27:37PM +0200, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am suffering from exactly the same symptoms as described in bug
> #377689: when inserting a usb key, I get the "A security policy in place
> prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see
> message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface
> org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume member Mount error name "(unset)"
> destination "org.freedesktop.Hal") ".

I must give a few precisions here:
- I am using hal 0.5.7.1-1 (which includes the fix mentioned in 377689)
- I do not doubt that this works for people : I have tested, and it
  works when my user is added to group plugdev via /etc/group, not when
  my user is granted plugdev group through /etc/security/group.conf

--
JCD