Kmail and spamassasin bayes rule.

  Hello:

<intro>
  After some thiking I finally decided to move from Thunderbird to Kmail. This
was some months ago. After some problems with the mail solved by kmailcvt and
others[1] I made kmail work with no problems.

  Then I tried to configure spamassasin so that kmail could manage spam. After
testing some time, I noticed that I was quite happy with the TB simple bayes
spam filter. I know that there are also some simple bayes filter that work
with kmail (e.g.: bogofilter) but I thought that since SA is well known to be
the best and the most used spam filter I decided for it.
</intro>

  I have it configured and runs quite well, but it seems for me that the bayes
training (sa-learn) is not working properly. As the wizard defines I have a
rule for spam and another for ham. both at the end of the filter pipeline so
they are never run automatically, instead of that I have some icons on the
main bar for that.

  The spam rule action is this: sa-learn -L --spam --no-sync
  The ham rule action is this: sa-learn -L --ham --no-sync

  After some training I have the impression that this is not working properly
and my suspicion is that kmail is not passing the whole e-mail to sa-learn so
that it could learn the tokens.

  I did a simple script and used it as command and that confirmed me that
little suspicion, but on the contrary you could read in the kmail manual[2]
subsection "Execute action" that the e-mail is send through stdin. Can you
confirm this?

  Sorry if this has been too long, Thank you.

[1] http://kmail.kde.org/unsupported/mozilla2kmail.pl
[2] http://kmail.kde.org/manual/filters.html#filter-action
--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles