Kontact calendar and reminders

I was just wondering if it's possible to make Kontact's calendar module
default to have a reminder set (ie an alarm 10 minutes beforehand). I
sometimes forget to set this which can have disastrous consequences :)

I've checked through the settings a couple of times and cannot see a way of
doing it. I have a template setup with a 10 minute reminder set but I can't
see a way of making a new event/appointment always use the template. I'm not
even sure if this is the right way to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew