Re: Quanta 3.4 crashes after about one minute

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 20:50, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > well, at least I am recompiling kdewebdev against the libcvsservice
> > of kde 3.4.0.
> >
> > packages should be ready soon, and I'll upload them to alioth asap.
> >
> > (shuold be done in a couple of hours)
>
> just uploaded, and it really seems to fix the bug (not tested
> extensively, but at least quanta has run 2 minutes without any crash
> here, but doing nothing at all)
>
> I'll see if we can do the same for kdevelop ;)

Quanta works ok, thanx :)

But kdevelop's cvs plugin is designed to work with version 3.3 libcvsservice,
I think. Kdevelop keeps crashing.

Did libcvsservice changed it's API's or smth. ? Why it's incompatable with
previous versions ?

Well, I will have to try to make kdevelop use separate (older) version of
libcvsservice somehow...

Btw.
Is kdevelop part of KDE distribution or separate project ?
I'll probably have no patience to compile a newer version myself :)
If it is part of KDE, binary packages will be on alioth sooner or later,
right ? :)